Rural residents throughout New South Wales are struggling to get their lives back to normal. You can help.
Items needed include water tanks and pumps, generators, tools and more
The effects of the Black Summer Bushfires on New South Wales were unprecedented. 26 lives were tragically lost. The devastating fires ripped through 5.5 million hectares of land, or 6.2% of the state, destroying 2,448 homes, 284 facilities and 5,469 outbuildings. Another 3000 homes and buildings were damaged.
Brave residents and landholders all over New South Wales are battling tooth and nail to get their homes and lives back to normal more than 12 months after the fires.
The list of infrastructure, tools, supplies and materials is a long one. Click here to see the full list and to donate. It includes:
- Water tanks, pumps and hot water systems
- Power tools like chainsaws, logsplitters, angle grinders, circular saws, welders and other hand tools
- Fencing equipment and posts
- Building materials.
We just wanted to say thank you very much for the donation of a generator. We were one of the lucky people to receive the generous gift.
The fires impacted so many people around us this year, everyone has a story to tell. We're hopeful that 2021 will be a bright and joyful year ahead.
There are two great ways to donate money to assist people in NSW affected by the bushfires:
- If you're keen to donate to help rebuild efforts, look for item requests with the FUND option available.
- If you don't mind whether your money goes towards a water tank, a UHF radio, food vouchers, baby items or furniture, you can donate straight towards the NSW Bushfire Appeal.
Either way, 100% of the money received by GIVIT for this project or appeal will go towards buying essential items and services for everyday Aussies getting back on their feet after the worst bushfires this country has ever seen.
ABC Flood Appeal raises over $339,000 for NSW flood recovery
With the help of ABC Radio Sydney and generous listeners across New South Wales, we recently raised $339,959 for the NSW Flood Appeal! 100% of funds raised will be used to buy items and services for everyday Aussies impacted by the floods.