Kurbingui’s Yeaca Dhargo Refurbishment Project
Before COVID struck, Kurbingui were in the process of renovating and constructing a new community space for the indigenous families and individuals they support. Now, the generosity of Queenslanders is needed to help get the job done.
The new construction will include a cold room, where the organisation will be able to store meals and emergency relief packages for those doing it tough. They were also upgrading one of their office spaces to better cater for community by incorporating disabled access and increasing and improving both office and community access spaces. The new community space will allow Kurbingui to run more programs and educational sessions in a more appropriate and safe space.
Please see photos of the refurbishment below.
ITEMS / HARDWARE NEEDED:
- Internal cladding and insulation - wall lining, plaster setting, adhesive, tape, screws, stopping angle, ceiling lining, insulation
- Plumbing fixtures - toilet suites, vanity cabinet, wash basin, tapware, grab rail, roll holder, hand towel dispenser, sink, mixers
- Mouldings, doors and hardware - door jambs, door stops, architrave, skirting, corner beads, quad, door sill, doors (internal, entrance), hinges, door furniture, privacy set, gap filler, sand paper, adhesive, screws, door stops, nails
- Paint and paint tools - undercoat/wall board primer, wall paint, doors and moulding gloss, gloss for timber weatherboards, paint brushes, roller set, masking tape, sandpaper, wood filler
- Floor materials - floor joist, flooring particle board sheets, max bond tubes, commercial carpet, laminate overlay
This is a BIG project which needs your help to fill! It’s not your everyday request… it’s supersized! Please, join forces with your sport team, work colleagues, church, or group of friends to GIVIT Together and help get life-changing items to people who need them most.
When we GIVIT Together, we have incredible impact.