A royal celebration for GIVIT's 12th birthday
From bushfires, cyclones and floods to COVID-19, we're celebrating our 12th birthday, reflecting on a massive year, and watching a very royal video message from our Patron!
Our Patron, Her Royal Highness - Duchess of Cornwall, was on hand to pass on her congratulations as GIVIT celebrated its 12 birthday.
“For the past 12 years, GIVIT has been helping open-hearted people to, in your words, ‘give the smart way’. Through your work, you have empowered local communities, ensuring that people get exactly what they need, when they need it.
In short, you are a shining example of the vast difference that is made by thousands of small acts of generosity. Thank you for all that you do for your country. Happy Birthday!” said HRH.
Looking back on a colossal year
Here's some of things that happened during our 12th year of operation:
- HRH the Duchess of Cornwall was announced as our charity Patron.
- More than 1.1 million donated items were coordinated through GIVIT.org.au.
- We became the official disaster donation partner for the New South Wales and Victorian State Governments to help those affected by the Black Summer Bushfires.
- Almost 200,000 donated were items coordinated for people impacted by bushfires across QLD, NSW, VIC and SA.
- Former Olympian and Socceroo Jade North became our Indigenous Ambassador.
- Over 1,000 new groups joined our national registered charity network.
- We set a new record of 30,000 donated items coordinated via GIVIT.org.au in a single week!
"It’s incredible to look back on how far GIVIT has come, and the fact we’re celebrating our twelfth birthday with HRH! It took a decade to reach our first million donated items, so I’m very proud we’ve coordinated our second million in just 18 months and helped so many in need.
We’re so grateful to have the ongoing support of HRH, and after coordinating 1.1 million donated items in 2020 we’re very excited to eclipse our three millionth donated item very soon!"
The work never stops as long as there's Australians in need
There are currently over 27,000 items needed on GIVIT.org.au. You can donate to people impacted by domestic violence, or help farmers in drought. You can donate to a charity supporting people below the poverty line, or you can help people still recovering from the NSW bushfires.
Current appeals include